Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Slow Cooked Chilli Con Carne




This was the first time cooking chilli con carne in the slow cooker and I was apprehensive about putting raw mince in the slow cooker without browning it. But I did and it was lovely. What a huge time saver…throw everything in the slow cooker before you leave for work and it's ready when you get home. This serves 4 generous serves with rice.

Ingredients:

  • 700g lean beef mince
  • 2 tins kidney beans (liquid included)
  • 2 tins diced tomato
  • 1 sachet tomato paste
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 red chilli, finely chopped
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 500ml water


Method:

  1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, break up the mince, stir and turn on low
  2. Cook on low for 6-8hrs
  3. Serve with rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment